Wednesday 7 November 2012

TVI FORGET WHITE POWER. RACIST ATTITUDES REIGN IN AMERICA REGARDLESS


ON THIS DAY IN AMERICA ...IS RACE, NOT POLITICS, THE ISSUE?   

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_yellow

In the UK as is the case around the world in elections 

(except maybe South Africa yet?) voting is not broken down

 by race. Maybe by north and south divides or by have and 

have nots. "White," as my German wife has yelled at the TV 

screen broadcasts out of USA this morning, "is not a race!!!".

America goes backwards at a pace as if on purpose and by

spite. Black is not a race either, nor is Blatino. They hide in 

broad daylight and wonder, if indeed they notice, why the 

rest of the globe finds them racist. I am half American on

my mother's side and her race? In the USA they would call 

her 'High Yellow'. Explain that to a modern child.





When I first came to live in the USA as a young teen from Montreal I was reviled by the African American high School students for being not 'black enough'. I was taunted for being what they decided was a 'French n****r' because of my French sounding surname. I was followed through the hallways surrounded by mainly black girls who spat 'I'm not black.'..I'm Canadian' at me. Without missing a beat that would be followed by further taunts of 'I'm not black...I'm from Trinidad!' I also had 'I'm not black...my mommy is white and my daddy is rich!'.

The 'white' school kids showed me a different take by accepting me quickly and moreover their parents when I'd be invited to thier homes and told 'We really like you! You're not like those other blacks!'.

That was seven lifetimes ago. Now I watch an election in the USA from my home in the UK where the whole thing seems to be broken down to racial groups. OMG. 




I am the author of a soon to be released novel that is now in adaptation to one hour episodes for uk national tv screens. 

When I tour the USA for my subsequent books do not NOT make the mistake of labelling me a 'black' author. I am simply an author. This has to, but probably will never, stop in the United States. More the shame.  


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_yellow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.